- This event has passed.
Ice Racing: Fun Day Practice @ Georgetown Lake
January 12, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We try to get Fun Day open by 11am, we can get it open faster with assistance setting up the tracks. If you’d like to assist, we’ll be starting set up around 8am. No one will be allowed onto the lake until all the tracks are set.
Please note: Due to weight restrictions and staging line wait times, we will restrict Fun Days to 200 entrants (maybe less if ice conditions are not ideal). You can follow us on Twitter for updates if we expect to close Registration.
Drivers need to:
- Bring their valid Driver’s License
- Bring their valid Proof of Insurance
- Bring CASH to pay their fees (see below)
- Bring a helmet if you have studded ice racing or rally tires
- Sign our waiver
- Get their vehicle to pass a basic tech inspection
Entry is $20 per driver plus Tech inspection fee as follows:
- If you only plan to attend the one Fun Day, Tech is $5.
- Those of you who plan to race, go for the full inspection for $10 which is good for the season.
Practice is open to bare rubber or studded tires only. Bolted tires or other tires that may tear up the ice too much are prohibited.
You will be given a wristband to show that you’ve completed Registration, do not take this wristband off. Anyone driving without a wristband, will be asked to leave immediately and anyone without a wristband cannot enter the ice.
We’ll try to keep the lake open until dusk. If it’s busy and our volunteers haven’t had a chance to practice, we’ll close the lake early by one hour to allow them to practice. Thank you for your understanding, we have to take care of anyone.
Here are some helpful links:
Tips for attending Fun Days – Coming Soon
Fun Day Tech Inspection Form – Coming Soon
Race Level Tech Inspection Form – Coming Soon