4th of July Celebration in Clear Creek County
July 4, 2022
An event every year that begins at 12:00 am on day 4 of July, repeating indefinitely
UPDATE: Due to COVID 19 we have been informed that the FIREWORK display in Idaho Springs will be postponed to Small Business Saturday, November 28, 2020, also the Parade in Georgetown and the Ice Cream Social and other activities in Silver Plume are cancelled. With the new public health order from the State Department of Public Health and Environment and the restrictions of gathering in large numbers most regularly scheduled events have been cancelled. We invite you to come up to Idaho Springs, Empire, Georgetown, and Silver Plume to spend the day with your family and visit our shops, restaurants, enjoy attractions, or plan an overnight stay here in the County while you enjoy seemingly endless miles of outdoor recreation. We wish you a wonderful Fourth of July and hope to see you in the County this weekend!
Come spend the day with Idaho Springs, Empire, Georgetown and Silver Plume! Stroll through unique shops, art galleries, visit historic landmarks, tour museums, pan for gold, or experience a little adventure on Clear Creek’s rapids, atv tours, train rides, adventure park, sky trek, or zipline!
Also be sure to follow us on www.facebook.com/VisitClearCreek
Idaho Springs will be hosting an afternoon complete with live music and dancing in downtown at Citizens Park, delicious barbecue, and be sure to stay for fireworks over the Charlie Tayler Waterwheel!
- 12:00 pm Live Music and Entertainment Starts
- Beer Garden at Citizen’s Park – All proceeds benefit local radio station KYGT 102.7 The Goat
- Please note that Fireworks have been canceled due to fire danger and will be rescheduled for Small Business Saturday and the Annual Tree Lighting on November 24th – Thank you.
In Georgetown, there will be a morning parade followed by a picnic, entertainment, and other special events. Please note – There will NOT be any fireworks in Georgetown this year… (Please head approximately 15 minutes east to Idaho Springs)
Also be sure to check out the Georgetown Loop Railroad schedule as train rides run from 10am until 3:50pm! Please contact the Georgetown Loop Railroad for reservations and additional information.
- 11:00 am Parade (Starting at The Alpine Restaurant and Bar at 11th and Rose Streets to 6th Street in Downtown Georgetown)
- Noon BBQ at Georgetown City Park (1001 Taos St, Georgetown, CO 80444) and music by the Brass Band
- 3:00 pm Live Music on Library Stage
- Beer Garden off of 6th Street and Rose Street – across from Guanella Pass Brewery
- Reenactments by the Park County Regulators off of 6th Street and Rose Street following the BBQ at City Park
There will be an annual 4th of July Ice Cream Social from 2-4 pm at Dinger’s Park and Pavilion on Main Street, across from the George Rowe Museum. There will be an assortment of baked goods, ice cream and beverages. Proceeds will benefit People for Silver Plume, Inc. and historic preservation.